Monday, June 22, 2015

Gratuitous Kitteh Monday

Look at these two; they look like a pair of slippers don't they?


Chaz is the kitteh on the left and Lucy, aka "Miss Thang" is the kitteh on the right. Although they look alike, they are not litter mates and are about 3 or 4 years apart in age. The story behind having two kittehs that look exactly alike goes like this:

When hubs and I first moved up to Virginia, we rented a house. I desperately wanted a cat and asked the owners of the house we were renting if I could get one. They said. "Yes, but please keep it to one cat." So, I went out and got Chaz from the local animal shelter. He was on death row, and was going to be put down some day that week. When I went to the shelter and saw him, we locked eyes and I knew he was the one for me.

So, after about a month of having Chaz, he started pacing around the house like he was looking for something; I just had a hunch that he was lonely. If you've ever had a cat, you know they are happier (for the most part) with other kitties, so I started thinking of how I could get another cat without rental owners knowing. Then it hit me, "I know! We'll get another cat that looks just like Chaz! But it has to be a female, and it has to be a kitten." So that spell was cast.

Two weeks later, we were at Petsmart and saw Miss Thang in one of their adoption windows and we got her on the spot.

We lived in that house for two years and the rental owners NEVER knew we had two cats. They just always assumed that the one we had was very active!

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio