Monday, March 09, 2015

Kitchen Upgrade Status: Cabinet Paint and Beadboard

If I never see another piece of sandpaper, it will be too soon, but I'm really happy about how things are coming along:



Of course, in these pics I haven't tackled the other half of the bottom cabinets, but I am working on them right now.

My new Whirlpool 30-inch range hood from Lowe's came in over the weekend and I have scheduled the installation with the ducting to the outside for next week. After that, the painter will come in to paint the ceiling white (maybe?) and that horrible orange to Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter.


And sometime between getting the range hood installed and hopefully before the painter shows up, I need to remove the tile and install the new backsplash. The good news is that whoever the clown was that did the crappy tile install around the counter did the same crappy job on the walls. I think he/she basically used Liquid Nails instead of thinset or mastic.


So, the few pieces I test-removed from the wall (to see what I was dealing with) came off without taking big chunks of drywall off with them, only some of the paper. So, if I'm living right, I won't need to replace the drywall and can just patch with joint compound! Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio