Monday, February 24, 2014

Ipsy February Glam Bag

Although I like to dig in the dirt for my garden, I also like to girl-it-up during the work week. I signed up for two sample beauty and makeup services three months ago: Birchbox and Ipsy, and so far I am really enjoying the surprises that show up at my door every month. Birchbox, from what I've found, leans more towards beauty and skin care, while Ipsy leans toward makeup. I never know what they are going to send me each month; they only use the beauty profile information I gave them in my application. There's been a few times where I was like, "Meh" on what I received, especially the tea-bags that were sent to me by Birchbox, but Ipsy had been hitting it out of the park as far as I'm concerned.

This month, my package arrived right on Valentine's Day, which felt like I was sending myself my very own special Valentine. Hubby really slacked this year, so it was nice to have something unexpected show up and brighten the day.


I got a beautiful light plum Zoya nail polish (can't remember the name), "Peony Petal" lip gloss by POP Beauty, "Ambrosia" liquid eye shadow by Eyetini, cleansing face mask samples by Skyn Iceland, and lastly a set of real human hair eyelashes and eyelash glue by J.Cat.

I can't wait to try the nail polish, as I've been hearing good things about Zoya, and I LOVE the color! Wish I could remember the name. The lip gloss is almost exactly the same color as my favorite lip crayon from Ulta named "Rocker Pink," so I was excited to try it. Although it goes on really saturated, I don't like the way it smells. It kind of reminds me of dry erase board markers!

I've never tried liquid eye shadow; however, "Ambrosia" is almost exactly the same as my favorite color by Urban Decay, "Toasted". Isn't it funny how we get excited by the colors we already like? Anyway, it was really nice going on. I found using the pad of my finger worked better than the applicator; however, the shadow did crease by the end of the day, even when using Mac's Paint Pot "Painterly" as a primer. Oh well, I'll still keep this as a travel shadow as the color is gorgeous.

Of course, I haven't tried the lashes, as I think those are really for special occasions, and I've yet to try the cleansing masks.

Overall, I really enjoyed this month's glam bag; thanks Ipsy!

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio