Saturday, August 24, 2013

Thai Basil Pepper Jelly (with pics)

As promised, I'm posting some pictures of my delicious Thai Basil Pepper Jelly. This year I made quite a bit, so a lot of my friends and family will be getting some of this yummy jelly for the holidays.

But first, I want to show you how easy it is to make the Thai Basil infused vinegar. All it takes is some Thai Basil, vinegar, and time. Just chop it up (about 2 cups per quart) and add regular distilled white vinegar. Let the jars sit in a dark, cool spot on your kitchen counter for two weeks, then strain the Thai Basil out of the vinegar.


Follow the recipe to make the jelly and this is what you end up with. Isn't it beautiful? My husband and I agree that it looks like a piece of amber. It looks like Christmas in a jar.


This jelly is especially good with a creamy Chevre or even cream cheese on toast or crackers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Did you shake it around before it cooled down to make sure the peppers didn't float to the top? I was wondering how you kept the peppers evenly distributed.

--Trish

Just the Right Size said...

Trish,

Ah, yes; I did shake them before they cooled. The jelly set up pretty quick, so I think I did it within 15 minutes of taking them out of the water bath.

 

design + development by kelly christine studio